Third Light Developer Exchange

Code and templating community forum for developers and software integrators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you wish to join the Developer Exchange, please contact your account manager - this is to avoid unnecessary spam in the forums. Many thanks for your understanding.

#1 2015-05-19 06:18:08

stevec

Advanced Search for folders

Search_AdvancedSearch is supposed to return a hash containing the keys files and folders, however the list of folders is always empty for me.  I'm trying to retrieve folders which have a Last Changed date after a certain date.  Is there a way to get the folders along with all the files that match the criteria?

CORRECTION: Folders are returned, but not if you specify a parent folder as a search condition.  This means that if I want to retrieve a list of folders that have changed since a certain date, I have to search for ALL folders AND files, regardless of their location, and then ignore the file list and manually filter the folder list.  Is there any way to narrow the search through the API call?

Last edited by stevec (2015-05-21 01:42:32)

#2 2015-06-02 00:57:04

stevec

Re: Advanced Search for folders

Is there really no way to do this?  It seems like a huge gap in the API if that is the case.  Searching my entire library is very slow and returns a huge amount of data.

#3 2015-06-03 13:34:35

dominic
Third Light Staff

Re: Advanced Search for folders

Hi Steve,

The folder IS / IS_INCLUDING_SUBFOLDERS condition only applies to files, so you won't get back any folder details when this is passed. It is likely preferable to use Folders.GetFoldersByProperty, or traverse the subtree with Folders.GetContainersForParent and then call Folders.GetMetadata for the array of IDs of interest, if that doesn't provide the flexibility you need.

Dominic

Board footer