Third Light Developer Exchange

Code and templating community forum for developers and software integrators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you wish to join the Developer Exchange, please contact your account manager - this is to avoid unnecessary spam in the forums. Many thanks for your understanding.

#1 2015-07-24 22:22:13

Ironykins

Inconsistencies in files.getmetadata

Hail friendly devs,

We updated recently from IMS version 6.1.7-21 to version 6.1.8-8 RC, and we're noticing some inconsistencies in the files.getmetadata API call.

There's a Date & Time metadata field called 'created' in the response, and in all the records that were created before the update, the 'created' field is returned as an integer UNIX timestamp. In all records post-update, the field is a UNIX timestamp represented as a string. A single getmetadata API call often returns both types of data, and this makes parsing the values a lot more complex.

So is this a bug? Did something change between versions to introduce these inconsistencies? And do you have any advice on how we should handle this in the meantime?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2015-07-27 12:38:04

chris
Third Light Staff

Re: Inconsistencies in files.getmetadata

Hi Ironykins,

Thanks for taking the time to point out this inconsistency in the API responses.

I'd consider this inconsistent behaviour a bug, so I've logged this issue in our bug tracking database.

I'll let you know once we have done more investigation and have more news.

Chris

Board footer