Third Light Developer Exchange

Code and templating community forum for developers and software integrators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you wish to join the Developer Exchange, please contact your account manager - this is to avoid unnecessary spam in the forums. Many thanks for your understanding.

#1 2013-10-03 12:04:47

FarhanaJabbar

Where i can find all JSON API action names and input parameters detail

In the JSON API documentation, I could not find anywhere all possible action names, input parameter and result output.
There are some actions mentioned like Core.GetFileCount, Folders.CreateFolder, Files.GetAssetsForParent etc. but these are not all. Can you help me to point out the right location.

#2 2013-10-03 13:34:52

sam
Third Light Staff

Re: Where i can find all JSON API action names and input parameters detail

Hi Farhana,

If you click on help in the main IMS menu there is an option that will display the dynamically generated API documentation. It lists all the API calls, parameters etc.

"Help" > "API Reference"

See also this sticky note:

https://secure.thirdlight.com/developer … c.php?id=6

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Sam.

#3 2013-10-03 14:57:26

FarhanaJabbar

Thanks for your quick response. The problem is I cant see API Reference in my help menu. I can only see Support, Documentation, Terms of use
I am using Trial account

#4 2013-10-03 23:46:04

ben
Third Light Staff

Hi Farhana,
There are two possibilities in that case:
1 - you need to be an administrator to see the list of available API calls. If you have been given a non administrator user account, this would be why you can't see the API reference.

2 - alternatively it's because the site you're working on has had the API features turned off (or were never turned on). Could you let me know which site you're working on and I can check that out?

If the problem is (1) and you can't get administrator access to the site you're working on, then it is easy to get round by taking out a trial of our software from our web site (http://www.thirdlight.com/trial). We are aware of this restriction, and have on the roadmap a setting that would allow specific users to see the API Reference.

Best wishes,
Ben

#5 2013-10-04 09:48:47

FarhanaJabbar

Hi Ben,

I have registered this trial account and I am the admin. i think this feature is turned off. I am working on minttulip.thirdlight.com. Also if you could turn on the opneID module for me that would be great because I need to work with that as well.

Best regards,

Farhana

#6 2013-10-04 17:25:44

dominic
Third Light Staff

Hi Farhana,

I have enabled the API reference on your site. I'm afraid it isn't currently possible to set up OpenID on trial sites: if you contact sales then they can set up a demo licence that would allow you to install and test the software on your own systems; from there you can use and test OpenID.

Dominic

Board footer