Third Light Developer Exchange

Code and templating community forum for developers and software integrators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you wish to join the Developer Exchange, please contact your account manager - this is to avoid unnecessary spam in the forums. Many thanks for your understanding.

#1 2013-10-04 11:01:01

ohilton

Forum signup issues

Thought I'd post this separate to my API issues as it's not related but worth pointing out as it's probably stopping other people access this forum.  The register page doesn't work in chrome, the reason being it's a secure page and the captcha widget plugin you are using from google is served from an insecure http connection and chrome isn't displaying the content which means the register action fails as you submit the form.  To get around this I used firefox which doesn't care as much but after submitting the form along with captcha information this time it gives you an error message:

"Error: Unable to send email. Please contact the forum administrator with the following error message reported by the SMTP server: "554 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: : Recipient address rejected: thirdlight.com "

I'm guessing it's emailing an admin email in the background and this is invalid or failing.  As a result I didn't get a signup email and then had to do a password reset in order to be sent and new one and finally be allowed in!  I'm here now but this is probably putting off a lot of people!

Oli

#2 2013-10-04 11:08:35

steve
Third Light Staff

Re: Forum signup issues

Hi Oli,

Thanks for your note on this, we will see what we can do and also, welcome to the forum!

Steve

#3 2013-10-04 11:20:52

ohilton

Heh no worries Steve, I'm sure I'll be keeping you busy with questions and problems for a few days :)

#4 2013-10-04 11:40:48

steve
Third Light Staff

We have made some changes and the Captcha should now be fixed. Thanks again for the heads-up Oli.

Steve

Board footer