Third Light Developer Exchange

Code and templating community forum for developers and software integrators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you wish to join the Developer Exchange, please contact your account manager - this is to avoid unnecessary spam in the forums. Many thanks for your understanding.

#1 2015-10-06 17:33:05

mdyason

Adding a new action

I would like to make our own version of the contact sheet.  I am guessing I would simply make a copy of contactsheet.tlx and add it to the template list and make it do what i want it to do and then call another new tlx similar to contactsheetpopup.
Is this procedure correct?

The problem I am having making a start to this is:  how do I add an extra option to the "Actions" menu.  What template is that found on?

A secondary question is:  is there already some sort of html to PDF functionality loaded (something like domPdf) that I can simply use to make one of the new pages render as PDF.

Last edited by mdyason (2015-10-06 19:38:30)

#2 2015-10-08 10:03:17

steve
Third Light Staff

Re: Adding a new action

Hi Michelle,

You might want to have a look at folders.toolbox.tpl and thumbnails.tpl within the 'Child templates, included by top level templates' section as a quick experiment shows that altering the language strings associated with these pages can affect what appears in the Actions menu.

Although you can't upload backend .tlx files it is possible to add new template files (.tpl) and there is an example here:

https://secure.thirdlight.com/developer … .php?id=24

It isn't possible to hook into format conversion functionality from the templates, sorry.

Best Regards,
Steve

Board footer