Third Light Developer Exchange

Code and templating community forum for developers and software integrators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you wish to join the Developer Exchange, please contact your account manager - this is to avoid unnecessary spam in the forums. Many thanks for your understanding.

#1 2016-09-02 05:39:53

stevec

Video file duration

I would like to retrieve the duration for a video file. Files_GetEditMovieInfo should return this, however I am getting an ACTION_NOT_PERMITTED error for every video file I try. I am calling Files_GetEditMovieInfo in the same way as I call Files_GetMetadata, which works fine.

#2 2016-09-02 09:47:16

chris
Third Light Staff

Re: Video file duration

Hi Steve,

Files_GetEditMovieInfo is an API call associated with video editing, therefore you would get an ACTION_NOT_PERMITTED response if any of the following are true:

• you don't have the "Video editing and collaboration module",

• the video editor is not enabled (settable by an admin via Configuration > Site Options > Video Settings),

• your user has not been enabled for video editing (settable by an admin via Editing Rights > Edit video/audio files).

I can see how it would be ideal to be able to get the duration of a video without needing to be able to edit the video – I have now opened this feature request for consideration for inclusion in a future release.

Best wishes,

Chris

Board footer