Third Light Developer Exchange

Code and templating community forum for developers and software integrators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you wish to join the Developer Exchange, please contact your account manager - this is to avoid unnecessary spam in the forums. Many thanks for your understanding.

#1 2017-06-13 21:11:47

LyssaLionheart

Author Missing on Files

Hi,

I am pulling details from all our image files and we would like to be able to see who uploaded the file. The problem is the owner metadata field comes up blank on all the records I have looked at. If I do a search on the IMS webpage, it returns the details of the user that uploaded it. I assume it is living in a different metadata tag somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Melissa

#2 2017-06-19 10:49:24

ben
Third Light Staff

Re: Author Missing on Files

Hi Melissa,

The issue is that "owner" in IMS is not a normal metadata field, it is treated more like a file property like filesize or filename. As such it isn't returned by Metadata.GetMetadata(). But it is also not returned from Files.GetAssetDetails(). You can get the owner info from Files.GetOwner() but this only accepts one file at a time. As this seemed like a poor situation, I have put through a change request to have owner details added to the response from GetAssetDetails().

An alternative, right now, would be to use the spreadsheet export features under the Configuration >> Metadata menu, which does include ability to export owner details.

Best wishes,
Ben

#3 2017-06-19 16:30:01

LyssaLionheart

Re: Author Missing on Files

Thank you so much Ben, a mass export for our initial backlog will be very helpful. Do you know if there is a way to automate the export? The application I made to pull the metadata could be completely bypassed if the export can be automated.

Melissa

Board footer