Third Light Developer Exchange

Code and templating community forum for developers and software integrators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you wish to join the Developer Exchange, please contact your account manager - this is to avoid unnecessary spam in the forums. Many thanks for your understanding.

#1 2019-09-13 09:39:03

iteracy

How long is the JSON API going to be available for?

Hi,

Having spent a really long time implementing the JSON API on our client's website, I'm saddened to learn that it's now deprecated without any warning. Can anyone give us an idea of how long it'll be available for? Days? Weeks? Years?

Thanks in advance,

Mat.

#2 2019-09-20 16:14:51

steve
Third Light Staff

Re: How long is the JSON API going to be available for?

Hi Mat,

We don't have an end-of-life date in mind for the JSON API as it will continue to be used internally used by Chorus for the foreseeable future. The JSON API simply isn't the recommended approach for external applications any more following the release of the REST and gRPC options. We can't guarantee that there won't be minor changes to the internal API in the future but we don't have any big changes planned.

Best Regards,
Steve

#3 2019-09-20 16:25:46

iteracy

Thanks Steve. We have a live website using the JSON API, would you recommend that we change it to using the REST/gRPC approach, or is it okay for us to leave it for now?

#4 2019-09-20 16:43:53

steve
Third Light Staff

Hi Mat,

That is a slightly tricky one to answer as I'm not aware of any planned changes to our existing JSON API nor am I familiar with your integration work so perhaps the best advice would be to say that there is no immediate need to migrate but you might want to consider looking at the new approaches as a background task between other projects.

Best Regards,
Steve

Board footer