Third Light Developer Exchange

Code and templating community forum for developers and software integrators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you wish to join the Developer Exchange, please contact your account manager - this is to avoid unnecessary spam in the forums. Many thanks for your understanding.

#1 2019-10-17 15:40:26

gideon.gontor

Share Link with Terms and condition by default

I have created a custom theme with our terms and condition.

I would like to make the terms and condition the default page when the link is shared without selecting the terms and condition before sharing the link.

What changes can I implement in the custom theme to achieve this.

#2 2019-10-18 04:47:07

matt
Third Light Staff

Re: Share Link with Terms and condition by default

Hi gideon.gontor,

The problem with this approach is that if you don't select terms and conditions when creating the shared links, you will lose the ability for your users to accept them even if you were to display them on the default page with our system.
However what you can do is implement that logic entirely on the frontend side if that's good enough for you.
Basically the "default" page is represented by the file pointed by the partial "index" in "settings.json". (by default that file is index.html).
So if you modify that page, you can display your terms and conditions and create a script in the frontend that stores the user's answer in the session storage.

It will possible to implement your own Terms and conditions system in the next release (7.2.4) and to store the user's answer in a backend key/value store, documentation about advanced theming will be provided when that happens.

In the meantime, if you want to achieve that, your only option is to use a pure frontend approach.

Best regards,
Matt

Board footer