Third Light Developer Exchange

Code and templating community forum for developers and software integrators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you wish to join the Developer Exchange, please contact your account manager - this is to avoid unnecessary spam in the forums. Many thanks for your understanding.

#1 2021-06-18 14:51:01

ivazquez

Link Template

Hello First Time posting here pretty new on Thirdlight.
I have a custom theme for customers to send links directly into Zapier for triggering some actions on other platform, anyway this link will be opened by the user at some point and the user needs to view a meta data field, I saw that if I share a collection and I the Professional Theme it will display all metadata info in a flyover.

Is there a way to do this for individual items?

Thanks

#2 2021-06-18 17:16:43

steve
Third Light Staff

Re: Link Template

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

(Just so that you know for next time, the correct forum for Chorus Themes can be found here https://devexchange.thirdlight.com/viewforum.php?id=10)

As you have found, when there is only a single file within a published link using the Professional theme, metadata is not displayed as there is a redirect to preview mode which bypasses the screen where the metadata would otherwise be displayed.

You could however modify the theme to show the metadata. Just to show you that it is there, you could place '?json' onto the end of a published link and that will show you the metadata.

It would however be nice if the Professional theme had an extra toggle in the Chorus interface so that you have the option to avoid the redirect if not desired. I will write that up as a feature request so that it can potentially be included in a future release and will help you avoid needing to make custom modifications yourself.

Best Regards,
Steve

#3 2021-07-06 22:14:55

ivazquez

Re: Link Template

Thank you very much Steve and from now on I will use the forum you mention

steve wrote:

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

(Just so that you know for next time, the correct forum for Chorus Themes can be found here https://devexchange.thirdlight.com/viewforum.php?id=10)

As you have found, when there is only a single file within a published link using the Professional theme, metadata is not displayed as there is a redirect to preview mode which bypasses the screen where the metadata would otherwise be displayed.

You could however modify the theme to show the metadata. Just to show you that it is there, you could place '?json' onto the end of a published link and that will show you the metadata.

It would however be nice if the Professional theme had an extra toggle in the Chorus interface so that you have the option to avoid the redirect if not desired. I will write that up as a feature request so that it can potentially be included in a future release and will help you avoid needing to make custom modifications yourself.

Best Regards,
Steve

Board footer