Third Light Developer Exchange

Code and templating community forum for developers and software integrators

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you wish to join the Developer Exchange, please contact your account manager - this is to avoid unnecessary spam in the forums. Many thanks for your understanding.

#1 2014-02-06 16:17:47

AMRoche

Setting thumbnail image sizes to be returned from a GeneralSearch call

Hi guys,

I'm trying to make a call to the JSON API using the following JSON object;

{
"apiVersion":"1.0",
"sessionId":"SESSION_ID_FROM_API",
"inParams":{"query":"test","thumbsize":6,"exactMatches":"false","fields":{"metadata":"true"}},
"action":"Search.GeneralSearch"
}

The way I figure it after looking at //secure.thirdlight.com/developer/viewtopic.php?pid=13 , that should work and return a thumbnail of width 480 and height 320, unless the thumbsize property only works with the getThumbDetails method?

According to //secure.thirdlight.com/developer/viewtopic.php?pid=53 , the thumbsize attribute should be a string representing the image size, as backed up by the API documentation.

This also doesn't work for me. However, the code still runs and returns information, just without thumbnails at the size I want.

What am I doing wrong here?

#2 2014-02-06 17:44:11

steve
Third Light Staff

Re: Setting thumbnail image sizes to be returned from a GeneralSearch call

Hi AMroche,

I can confirm that 'thumbsize' is a property that can only be requested in the GetThumbDetails() method and not by GeneralSearch(). To see what inputs are accepted by GeneralSearch(), please see the API command reference:

https://secure.thirdlight.com/developer … c.php?id=6

Best Regards,
Steve

Board footer